Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Interesting trip

My first weekend back to traveling was the end of February. Julia and I traveled to Nikolaev. We taught nine hours Saturday and about the same on Sunday at two different colleges. Love of Christ College is the Master level and Fire of Revival College is beginning their first year.

We taught Mathew chapters one through four at the Master level. I love teaching how Jesus raised the standard of law for us today. Many times we are told we are no longer under law but under grace. However, without the law we cannot recognize our sin. Once we recognize our sin, then grace saves us from our destiny of eternal death.

We taught Old Testament Studies, the Pentateuch, another of my favorites. I enjoy the Old Testament and the types of Jesus Christ that are hidden in various items, such as the Mosaic Tabernacle. I love presenting the High Priest’s heart is the Altar of Incense. If you overlay a priest on the Tabernacle, you will find this relationship! Amazing! God created us to worship and praise Him. He constructed the Bible to prove all the details He has laid out for us, to prove that only a Higher Power or someone out of our time domain could have written the Bible.

For me, I love to find the hidden details that prove only God the Father could have initiated the writing of the Bible. If you have not heard the following statement before, I recommend you contemplate it and present yourselves like the Bereans who readily heard Paul – BUT – searched the scriptures, proving he was teaching Truth!

‘The New Testament is hidden in the Old; and the Old Testament is revealed in the New.’ Augustus

Julia and I had an excellent weekend in Nikolaev. We had great berths on the train there. There was great class participation, prayer and worship. Then we had our trip home . . .

I was given three choices of which the first two were not my favorite mode of traveling. I have traveled many times by bus and it is not unpleasant. I chose to return home during the day by bus. What can I say???

I had to admit I made an error this time and both Julia and I paid dearly for my decision. It was a small van, maybe for 20 people. We did not have heat the entire eight hours, and let me tell you when it is zero outside or less; it does make for a very cold vehicle! Ok, that alone was rough . . . now for the rest of the story.

The vehicle had several issues, mechanical and propane issues. Yes, some vehicles here use propane. We were an hour out of Nikolaev and the driver decided to return. We probably were going about forty miles per hour, if that fast! We stopped at one station and for some reason the driver decided to visit another propane station. When we arrived, we were asked to depart the vehicle and wait. Oh dear! I was so cold I did not think I could move or walk.

To make things even more uncomfortable, the station was on top of a hill and there were no wind breaks. I mention this because of course along with the cold it was windy! Get the picture? Let me tell you, both of us were so cold. Well, we survived and I was so grateful to get home to a warm bath. I will reconsider taking that type of bus again! At least a platzcart is warm! (A platzcart is a train wagon with about 55 people and the beds are open, no doors at all and we are stacked two beds high.)

Praise God, I am healthy and can do His will even with a few setbacks. We ask you pray for us. We are making major decisions personally and for the ministry. We want to be in the Lord’s perfect will. God bless you and may His face shine upon you in love and goodness.


Thank you for your prayers and support.
May God shine His face upon you today
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment