Friday, February 18, 2011

Now What? A simple Update

I spent January in Minnesota watching my grandchildren. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit with my family. I was able to relieve my mother from her duties allowing her to take a vacation. My first ten days in America I spent sleeping, I was very ill. Then the three grandchildren I was watching had the flu. Towards the end of my trip, I became sick again and ended up in bed for two weeks when I arrived in Ukraine. This is my third week and the doctor professed my healing! I will begin normal duties in about five days, hallelujah!

My recovery from pneumonia has been a long hard journey. The doctor visits revealed extremely high blood pressure and a tendency for diabetes (borderline). They prescribed medications for the blood pressure and modified diet for the diabetes.

I asked several intercessors to pray for my heart and that it would return to normal size. I have a praise report! The heart is back to normal and though my blood pressure is still high, it is much lower than first discovered! It is now 140 or 80. This is still not great, but considering it was 180 over 100! I get the feeling the enemy was trying to take me out permanently.

My illness has affected the ministry. Every meeting was cancelled and is through Monday. I will have to work overtime to catch up and be creative to make up the time. I also postponed the administrators meeting until March 18th. We will have much to discuss regarding the ministry and what will happen when I take a sabbatical.

Yes, I will take a sabbatical for about a year. I need to be refreshed and renewed. I miss fellowship without using an interpreter! I understand enough Russian to get me into trouble but not enough for great conversation!

This illness has provoked me to think about my life both physically and spiritually. I need to be disciplined in all areas of my health, which I have been unfaithful doing. However, I also need to be even more disciplined in my spiritual life.

Strong spiritual lives require, Bible reading, prayer, teaching and fellowship. How faithful have I been? What areas can I improve? This is a new year will I please God with my lifestyle as it is?

There are many things to ponder in being healthy physically and spiritually. I hope and pray you are encouraged to contemplate your personal walk with the Lord.

I have received several requests for contact information of where to send offerings. If you need a tax exempt receipt, please send all offerings to World Vineyard Ministries (WVM). The address is: PO Box 26, Champlin, MN 55316. Also, please email me at: danceforhim@gmail.com so that I can keep acurate tax records. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and giving.

Thank you for your prayers and support.
May God shine His face upon you today
Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kathy. Thank you for the update. Praise God you ARE getting better. Continuing to pray for you in all areas as God leads. Love and blessings in Yeshua always. Sherri

    ReplyDelete