Thursday, February 25, 2010

Back on Track

Last Friday we had our second administrators meeting of the year. The College experienced many changes in the Fall and Winter, so our regular administrator meetings were canceled. In December, I left Ukraine to visit my family in the US for the Holidays. My visit to America was extended for six weeks which also held off our administrators meetings. It was good to get back to College business in our February meeting.

In August, we had twenty colleges. It was discouraging to see that less than half of the administrators attended this meeting. We met at a pastor’s home outside of Kyiv. In the past, we met at the office/apartment and I provided the meal. Now and in the future, we will meet at a different college location on a bimonthly basis. It will be fun to travel a little more and meet more students.

We started with prayer and scripture from Psalm 28:7 and Luke 5:1-11. We discussed partnership and how it is advantageous for us to be partners with our spouse, children, children’s schools, our church leaders, and etc. Then we analyzed the importance of ministry or college partnership. Discussion followed regarding our new affiliation for accreditation. Everyone is delighted to have this new affiliation.

We discussed two prophecies given to me and the ministry which were received last August. God has done a great work since then. Many positive changes have and will continue to affect the ministry.

I shared a testimony of the great miracles God performed for my family during my stay in the U.S. I testified of a choice for salvation by one of my grandchildren on Christmas day and the reconciliation of a husband and wife who were scheduled to attend their last child custody hearing. Now they are in Christian counseling. I praise God everyday for His grace and goodness! I was truly blessed while visiting America.

To assure the administrators that I am not leaving Ukraine or the ministry, I informed them of my church membership in Cherkasy. I think this brought a sigh of relief to all. In their minds it means more permanence for me in Ukraine.

We discussed a business plan and our vision for the ministry. It is time to write our vision in detail with an emphasis on the future. The need for both a spiritual and business advisory council was mentioned. However, this will be discussed more in-depth at our next meeting.

Several tuition payments were received before our meeting. I am sad to say that administrators are not paying the required fees. Less than half the tuition fee was paid. A tuition fee of 50 hrv or $6.25 is charged per student per month. The office should receive twenty-five percent of this which equals 12.50 hrv or $1.56 per month for an Associate or Bachelors degree. I am saddened that ministries have not fulfilled their financial obligations. More finances are needed to keep the office and the colleges running smoothly. The office must have the ability to pay its own obligations. Please pray for the students’ revelation and ability to fulfill their commitments in these areas.

In order to keep the colleges from becoming an offering to the students, new contracts are being drawn up. The colleges will receive a form to report student payments on a monthly basis. I pray this will help those who are not fulfilling their obligations to begin to see what is needed for the ministry to continue.

Before we dismissed the meeting, I received some disheartening news. One of the current administrators volunteered information that my former interpreter called him last fall. The interpreter tried to ruin my reputation and begin her own ministry. It appears that she has attempted to split the ministry. Those who attended our meeting and remained faithful admitted that each of them received a call from my interpreter, but they have chosen to support the college and me. I never thought such garbage happened in ministry. Please pray for protection for the ministry and myself.

I am waiting on God to bring a new administrator/secretary/interpreter to the office. During this process, I am in prayer and watching for the people that God is bringing into my life.

We closed our meeting with prayer and lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment