Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Listening to the Still Quiet Voice

Attending the prophetic conference heightened my sensitivity to hearing the Holy Spirit. Now, I need to learn what to do with this information. Sometimes the answer is obvious and other times it is not.

To make a long story short, I had anew interpreter this weekend. We met at the train station and became quite caught up in ministry immediately with our roommates. Do not be shocked, we only had 2, we could have had 45-50! We use regular Ukrainian transportation. We purchase seats/bunks in a coupe (train room) with four beds, it is the most efficient and safest way to travel.

On my way to the Metro, (the city train) I met a young man who is attending the Seventh Day Adventist seminary. He was anxious to practice his English and I enjoyed the visit. It was exciting to hear about his plans to minister in the villages. I prayed with him for God’s blessing and will to be performed in his life.

On the train, our roommates were like night and day. One gentleman is Greek Orthodox and full of questions and believed in a personal relationship with Jesus. I was so excited to hear this. His wife teaches hermeneutics and linguistics in the Orthodox seminaries. We visited for a quite awhile. In fact our neighbors were upset about our religious conversation and asked us to stop! Maybe she was feeling a little conviction? We closed our door to honor her request.

The other man has had an unhappy experience with religion. His wife left, both her and his son are believers. He does not know how to have a relationship with his son. He is angry about his wife’s belief and resents his son reading the Bible. Please pray God opens the door for a new relationship between them.

Class was interesting; once again the students stretched me and kept me humble. The class flowed very well and it helped that Olga and I flowed in the Spirit together. My desire is that this will happen more and more in every class. (This depends on the interpreter’s attitude and beliefs). I want the Spirit to open the student’s eyes to more revelation. This class was introduced to the thought that law and grace co-exist and we discovered the reality of Jesus’ physical suffering on the cross.

Photo: worshiping before class

The Kherson college would like to continue their studies through the summer. I need the Lord’s wisdom and guidance in this area. I was going to use the summer to write more courses. I do not have time to do this during the year, while I teach and travel. Please pray God gives me wisdom.

May God richly bless each of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment