Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas Services - Yes, I attended 2 in one day

I was in Cherkasy this past weekend. I taught the 3rd year class at “Church of Truth.” We discussed Acts and after 6 hours the students asked if we could stay longer. What a blessing they were to me. In the morning I was to preach at their church.

Pastor introduced me as a servant of God, sacrificing my family and home to serve Ukraine. I began to sob, I don’t deserve such honor, I only want to please God and follow His path for me. As I walked up the steps to the platform, my knees began to give out. I knew it was the Holy Spirit and I was not sure what I needed to do.

I began to tell the congregation about studying the ‘wisemen’ for the past month. I was so excited by what I had learned! At that moment, I began sobbing and could not speak. We began to pray and prayed for the entire service. God led us into praying for individuals. People were healed and received overwhelming peace, which is needed in this time of financial crisis.

Not only were the people blessed, God blessed me in many ways. I needed a special touch from Him. I needed supernatural strength and God provided. We serve an awesome God. I was physically exhausted from the heavy presence of the Holy Spirit. But my day was not finished. I had made arrangements to attend another church that day.

We arrived at 'Word of Life' half way through the praise and worship. I was excited to see an old friend and meet her new addition to her family. I was going to enjoy this service and reflect on what had transpired in the earlier service.

God has a great sense of humor. For those who know me, you know I love to study and learn about my Jewish heritage through Jesus Christ. Well, God treated me to a wonderful Christmas service again. Ukraine celebrates the Orthodox Christmas on January 7th.

The pastor introduced the children and adults participating in the Christmas program. The program began with the Jewish anthem, and a born-again Jew coming out on the platform with his prayer shawl. I again began to weep. It was so powerful. The Holy Spirit flooded me with a desire to learn more. The entire program was centered on Jesus Christ, who was Jewish and what his life was like, as a child, a teen and as a Rabbi.

I was blessed. I made arrangements to meet with Brother Michael, he and his wife choreographed the Christmas program. He will teach me more about the “Lord’s Feasts” and Jewish traditions. I need to know that what I am teaching is correct. I have so many questions and now God has placed someone in my life to help me!

May God richly bless you,

1 comment:

  1. I am so very Glad God is using His Beloved Daughter Kathy

    Cliff

    ReplyDelete