Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas


Christmas Eve

We began our evening reading the Nativity Story from Luke; discussing how Christmas has become commercialized, yes even here. We made a new commitment to reading the Word and praying faithfully. Jesus is our only salvation, he came to die. During our discussion we discussed the three gifts presented to the Newborn King.

The three gifts were:
1. Gold: representing the King of Kings
2. Frankincense: representing the High Priest of Priests
3. Myrrh: this gift represented the Final Sacrifice

We enjoyed a wonderful nontraditional Christmas Eve, at least for me. Normally I would eat Lutefisk with my family. This year we celebrated with pizza and salads. We topped our meal with hot-fudge sundays. The children loved it, but so did the adults.

We visited and shared moments of the past year regarding spiritual growth. We called America to wish Dr. West a Merry Christmas. Then we opened gifts. It was so much fun to give gifts that filled several needs.

I thank God for the blessings I received this year and I am excited about what the Lord has for the ministry and myself in the New Year.

God bless you, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment