Sunday, August 8, 2010

Life Happens

Dear friends I have been meaning to write for such a long time and have not done so. I tend to let the college business over run my time. So much has happened since my last communication; however we will catch up with that later. I want to share my morning with you!

This morning I was preparing rice in the microwave, with 102’ weather, I did not want to turn on more than one gas burner. As the rice was cooking, I was preoccupied with my sweet and sour chicken preparation. I cut the meat up and while it was marinating; I prepared the veggies.

I checked the rice and it was not quite done so I turned the microwave on for an additional five minutes. Great! I was eager to complete my preparations and get back to studying. Church meets at 3:00 and I am attending an engagement party tonight.

Guess all my preparations got me into trouble. Ok – you electricians will love this. My microwave is from America and uses 110 volts and we have 220 here. Therefore I have a transformer for the microwave. I have never had a problem with it. I have used the microwave for five minutes at a time and then another five and so on. Well today, I put my rice into cook for ten minutes and then another ten and so on.

As I was stir frying my chicken, smoke began to fill the room and I grabbed a towel to cover my mouth and nose. I could not see where it was coming from and the microwave was still running. I had enough sense to turn it off. The smoke was so thick, I could not see the fridge or the transformer. I grabbed my fan and set it up to blow the smoke out the window. This was great I can see the transformer is on fire. Paranoid about electrical fires I panicked. I had no idea of what to do. I ran into the big room, furthest from the kitchen and asked the Lord to send me someone to help.

I heard a banging on my door. It was my neighbor from upstairs. He came to investigate what I was doing and saw the smell. He stayed and helped me clean up the mess and get the power turned back on because half the apartment was without power. I had no idea they had circuit breakers. Now, I know!!!

Oh, by the way when I fled the fire, I also burned my chicken! Life is the same no matter where you live – it just happens.


By the way, here is a photo of my burned sweet and sour chicken and my scented candle. The burning smell is horrible!

Be blessed and may the Lord shine His face upon you.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. I thank God that you are fine, and that He sent a neighbor to help just in time. I have been thinking about you extra lately. And then here you send an update on your blog. I pray your intimacy with Him increases as you journey thru all things every day. Righteousness, Peace, and Joy in the Holy Ghost...that's the Kingdom of God. Be blessed in Him and His all as you continue to seek His face and His will no matter what your circumstances are. Love you very much, Kathy. Clarity in your heart and in your mind to see Him clearly, hear Him clearly, and have only His mind with all wisdom and understanding. Oneness in Him in all Spiritually and natural things. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete